The latest in board level camera technology, the Basler dart offers exceptional price and performance.
Small, Versatile and BCON interface compliant
Basler’s proven quality and reliability is now available even at board level. BCON – Basler’s newly-developed LVDS-based interface – offers the highest flexibility. With the leanest-possible integration for next-generation image processing, as well as for most optimised front-end and vision architecture, BCON is ideal for cost-driven embedded systems.
Integration is made easy with power and data over one cable and with a high bandwidth of up to 350 MB per second, so fully exploiting the latest sensor technology.
Benefits of using a Basler dart
There are three mount variants available on all models;
- Bare board
The flexible mount concept allows for a variety of lenses to be use. For example, using the very cost effective S-mount lens option you can reduce your system costs significantly.
Based on their small size and low weight, the cameras are very easily integrated into your application. They can be used in a variety of ways, from various classical industrial applications to non-industrial areas such as microscopy and vehicle-related applications.
Highlights of Basler dart
- Popular Aptina CMOS sensors with resolutions of 1.2 to 5 MP
- Up to 54 frames per second
- Bare board: just 27 x 27 mm and 5 g in weight; S and CS-Mount: only 29 x 29 mm at 15 g
- Extra-low power consumption and low heat generation
- Compliant with BCON interface to ensure simple integration
- Basler’s powerful pylon Camera Software Suite included free
Integration made easy with Basler Pylon software
To assist camera integration, Basler have developed the pylon camera software suite which is based on the GenICam Technology.
GenICam ensures easy access to new cameras and features from a common platform. This helps developers to create a plug-and-play camera interface application for total flexibility.
Where to use Basler dart board-level cameras
- Medical Imaging (e.g., microscopy , endoscope , micro cameras for surgery)
- Vehicle Enforcement / Guidance (e.g., speed & red light enforcement , lane violation detection)
- Ophthalmology (e.g., cornea and the retina measurement)
- Medical Laboratory and Automation Equipment