The Basler scout is a large range of industrial vision cameras using both CCD and CMOS sensor technology, available with GigeVision or Firewire-b output.
This highly successful range of machine vision cameras are used in 1000’s of applications world-wide. Based on a selection of the best Sony CCD sensors and a small selection of high performance CMOS sensor by Aptina.
- Wide variety of resolutions and speeds
- Outstanding image quality
- Variety of housing options
- Provide maximum flexibility
When presented with such a large range of camera it is important to know what to consider when choosing a machine vision camera.
- Resolution – how many pixels do you need?
- Frame rate – how fast to you need to take images?
- Triggering – do you need to trigger the camera/is the object moving?
- Bit depth – do you need 8, 12, 14, 16bit images?
- Are you capturing mono or colour images?
Answers to all of the above together with information about your application, helps Multipix Imaging piece together your requirements and we can advise you which camera is most suitable.
Why buy a Basler scout from Multipix Imaging?
- Expert advice on camera selection
- Reliable and respected pre-sales and post-sales technical support
- One stop shop and for the whole vision chain
- Extensive application knowledge
- Years of machine vision experience on all aspects from lighting & lenses to software
- Friendly and dependable staff
Where to use a Basler scout machine vision camera
Perfect for many inspection or visualisation tasks, here are some application examples where the scout cameras are being used today.
- Production and Quality Control for tasks such as defect detection, completeness checks, automatic product counting and measurement.
- 1D Barcode and 2D Matrix Code reading typically found on parcels, packaging boxes and many other products where online code reading is required.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) often used in food and beverage package inspection for best for date and production print verification.
- Intelligent Traffic Systems for traffic flow monitoring, lane violation, automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) .
- Industrial Manufacturing/Automation Inspection – soldering , electronic components, measurements , silicon wafer , PCB , X-ray etc.