Basler ace cameras are available with GigE Vision, USB3 Vision and CameraLink outputs and offer outstanding price/performance.
CMOS Sensor Technology
Listed here are the 4 to 5 megapixel Basler ace machine vision cameras.
They all use CMOS sensor technology, with a selection of sensors from OnSemi Python, CMOSIS CMV and Aptina. CMOS sensor benefits include;
- Smear and blooming are eliminated
- Low power consumption
- Lower cost technology compared to CCD
Basler ace is available with USB3.0 Vision, GigE Vision and Camera Link interfaces, which offer our customers unrivalled flexibility and ease of use.
Some models are available with Near-IR options.
Near infra-red (Near-IR) cameras are ideally suited for night vision or low light scenarios where extra IR lighting is used to illuminate the scene.
Looking for Super-speed and resolution!
Look no further than the acA2040-180km/kc/NIR which offers;
- 2048x2048pixels @ 180 frames per second
- Camera Link output
- C-mount for wide lens choice
- See our Euresys Camera Link frame grabbers for the perfect interface partner!
Pylon Camera Software Suite
To assist camera integration, Basler have developed the pylon camera software suite which is based on the GenICam Technology.
GenICam ensures easy access to new cameras and features from a common platform. This helps developers to create a plug-and-play camera interface application for total flexibility.
Applications for Basler ace
Basler ace industrial cameras are used where high resolution combined with high frame rates are required, such as:
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) (eg. journey time measurement, parking or access control solutions as well as intelligent traffic monitoring, city tolling and speed enforcement)
- Production Control typical with colour inspection, print inspection and automatic product separation and selection.
- Vehicle Enforcement (e.g., speed and red light enforcement and lane violation detection)
- Surface & Wafer Inspection
- Ophthalmology (e.g., cornea and the retina measurement)
- Motion Analysis (e.g., for top runners, swimmers, golfers, and other athletes)