A 5 megapixel machine vision camera with good image quality, the Basler pilot is a slim compact design with a GigeVision interface.
Sony CCD sensor
This 5 megapixel camera is based on the Sony ICX625 , which is a 2/3” sensor with 2454 x 2056 pixels and runs at 17 frames per second.
Small pixel size and lens considerations
The pixels in this Basler pilot are 3.45micron square which are considered to be quite small for a machine vision camera but means the resulting sensor is only 2/3”. At first it may seem there is a wide choice of lenses available but it is critical you choose a lens with enough resolving power for such small pixels. If you do not consider this, your resulting image will not be as good as expected.
Pilot industrial camera highlights
- Monochrome (gm) or Colour (gc) versions
- Up to 100metre cable lengths
- Small, rugged housing for easy integration
- EMVA 1288 reports available
- 100% quality checked and calibrated to give you consistent performance and reliability
Choosing the right camera for your application
Multipix Imaging offer a large range of machine vision cameras and it is important to know what to consider when choosing a camera for your application.
- Resolution – how many pixels do you need?
- Frame rate – how fast to you need to take images?
- Triggering – do you need to trigger the camera/is the object moving?
- Bit depth – do you need 8, 12, 14, 16bit images ?
- Are you capturing mono or colour images?
Answers to all of the above together with information about your application, helps Multipix Imaging piece together your requirements and we can advise you which camera is most suitable.
Where to use a Basler Pilot machine vision camera
- Medical Imaging – including X ray imaging, endoscope cameras, micro cameras and other video cameras for medical applications.
- Aerospace and Military – aerial imaging, spacecraft camera deployment, surveillance and security
- Traffic and Transportation – number plate recognition, road inspection, rail inspection, motorway and access monitoring.
- Industrial Manufacturing/Automation Inspection – soldering , electronic components, measurements , silicon wafer , PCB , X-ray etc.