Basler ace cameras come in a compact 29x29mm housing, offering resolutions from VGA to 14 Megapixel.
The ace L profits from the same evolutionary steps in firmware features as the ace U. Furthermore, it is capable of carrying high-resolution 9 and 12 MP Sony Pregius CMOS sensors with optical formats above 1″. To accommodate these larger sensors, the camera housing is slightly larger than other ace models and has a footprint of 40 mm x 30 mm. The high resolution and great image quality make these cameras a perfect fit for applications in the electronics industry for high-resolution PCB or display inspection as well as for enforcement and tolling applications in the ITS market.
Highlights of the ace L
Large 9 and 12 MP Sony Pregius CMOS sensors up to 1.1”: IMX253, IMX255, IMX267, IMX304
Brilliant image quality at speeds of up to 40 fps
Includes high value-add features (e.g. PGI)
GigE Vision 2.0 and USB3 Vision compliant
High quality and exceptional performance levels combined with a low starting list price.
Here you will find the ace camera models listed that offer VGA and SVGA resolution. All have monochrome and colour options. The sensor size ranges from 1/3.6” to 1/2” with many of them being compatible with the Basler range of C125 c-mount industrial lenses.
How many pixels do you need?
What resolution camera you should use depends on your application. Consider the following;
- What is my field of view?
- What is the smallest object or defect I am trying to detect?
- Do I want to measure or just detect or count objects?
Many customers automatically assume they need megapixel resolution as this is a growing trend. In truth, megapixel is not always necessary which is why the ace cameras listed here are extremely popular.
Why use a Basler ace camera from Multipix Imaging?
- Every Basler camera is subjected to extensive optical and mechanical tests before shipping.
- Time is taken to discuss your requirements and offer the best camera advice
- You benefit from a UK sales and support team with extensive vision knowledge.
- Advice on everything from illumination to the image processing software and application solutions.
Applications for Basler ace
Perfect for many inspection or visualisation tasks, here are some application examples where the ace cameras are being used today.
- Quality Control for tasks such as defect detection, completeness checks, automatic product counting and measurement.
- Production Control typical with colour inspection, print inspection and automatic product separation and selection.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) often used in food and beverage package inspection for best for date and production print verification.