The high-density FPGA’s used in the Bobcat machine vision cameras mean they are extremely configurable.
Super high resolution
Available with a resolution of up to 29Megapixels and feature packed, these cameras are small, lightweight, and built around the TRUESENSE Imaging KAI series of interline transfer CCD image sensors and the Sony ICX CCD sensors.
Programmable camera flexibility
The user can fully configure the camera to suit the application with some cameras offering ;
- Selectable binning modes up to 8x independent vertical and horizontal.
- Up to 7 ROIs for data reduction or faster readout.
- Exposure time is easily programmable in 1 microsecond increments down to 10 microseconds up to 16 seconds.
Bobcat camera performance
Bobcat cameras feature an optimal design focused on sensor performance.
Pre-amplifier gain control, standard gain amplifier control from 0 to 36dB in 1024 steps and up to 3x digital gain control to provide the greatest signal enhancements with the lowest noise possible.
Digital bit shifting and dynamic transfer function correction can make hard-to-see objects visible.
Superior colour sensitivity
Imperx provides several sensor options for colour sensitivity. For standard low light sensitivity, Imperx has an array of EXview HAD sensors from Sony with sensitivity of .2 LUX.
In addition, some Bobcats also support the Sparse CFA line of sensors from TRUESENSE which offers 2x to 4x the light sensitivity compared to standard Bayer pattern colour sensors.
MIL SPEC 810F industrial camera
Bobcats use industrial grade components assuring dependable use with an extended temperature range of -40˚C to +85˚C and shock/vibration performance of >1000G/100G. The IMPERX design is a MIL SPEC 810F product and has a certification of MTBF of > 660,000 hours @ 40˚C (Telcordia SR-332).
Where to use Imperx Bobcat machine vision cameras
- Medical Imaging – including X ray imaging, endoscope cameras, micro cameras and other video cameras for medical applications.
- Aerospace and Military – aerial imaging, spacecraft camera deployment, surveillance and security
- Industrial Manufacturing/Automation Inspection – soldering , electronic components, measurements , silicon wafer , PCB , X-ray etc.
- Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) – wind tunnel aerodynamics , particle flow, aerodynamics, gas and fluid flow analysis, injection systems.
- Traffic and Transportation – number plate recognition, road inspection, rail inspection, motorway and access monitoring