Often referred to as a “sharp-cut” filter, Longpass Filters are specifically designed to pass a broad spectrum of longer wavelength light while blocking shorter wavelengths.
- Economical solution for isolating specific spectral regions
- Peak transmission ≥90%
- StablEDGE® design reduces angular dependency and minimises short-shifting effects
- Anti-reflection coated for maximum transmission in VIS and NIR spectrums
- Can be used with Shortpass Filters for a custom, fine-tuned Bandpass Filter
- Double-side polished glass for exceptional parallelism and optical flatness
- Exceptional surface quality; 40/20 scratch/dig
- Available in wavelength ranges from 350nm to 1500nm
Longpass Filters are often used in fluorescence applications to block an excitation light source or to pass multiple emission wavelengths, improving signal to noise ratio. Longpass Filters are also commonly used in photography and astronomy.