CoaXPress (CXP) is a new digital interface standard capable of sending video, control, communication, triggering and power at high speeds over a single standard coax cable. With CoaXPress, a camera can be connected to the host system using just one standard coax cable or multiples for greater bandwidth. It has a high speed downlink of up to 6.25Gbps per cable for video, images and data, plus a lower speed, 20Mbps uplink for communications and control. Power is also available over the cable (“Power-over-Coax”). CoaXPress enables lengths up to and over 100 meters with standard and high flex coax cable.
CoaXPress combines the elegant simplicity of coaxial cable with state of the art high speed serial data technology. The combination of these two highly desirable features – standard coaxial cable and “express” speed – provides a revolutionary leap forward in high speed image and data transmission.
- High Data rates: up to 6.25Gbps over a single coax cable and up to 25Gbps using four cables.
- Long Cable Lengths: In excess of 100m (without any hubs, repeaters etc.).
- Real time behavior through fixed, low latency.
- Precise triggering capability.
- Flexible and reliable through use of standard coax – e.g. RG59 and RG6.
- Ease of integration: video, communication, control and power over a single coax cable.
- Cost effective cable solution.
- Hot pluggable.