Basler’s Time-of-Flight (ToF) Camera provides you with a 2D and a 3D image in one shot. The Basler ToF camera offers an attractive solution for a wide variety of applications including logistics, factory automation, and biometrics.
Time-of-Flight Cameras For 3D Shape and Volume Measurement
Basler’s pulsed time-of-flight (ToF) camera with standard machine vision interface and functionality makes 3D shape and volume measurement applications quick and easy. Basler’s ToF camera is equipped with a pulse-emitting high-power IR light source for range measurement. The measurement principle is based on the time the light needs to travel from the light source to the object and back to the camera. The further the distance, the longer the time. Both light source and image acquisition are synchronized in such a way that the distances can be extracted and calculated from the image data. This measurement principle can also be found in the animal world. There, dolphins use sonar to navigate. Our camera works the same way, but it uses light, not sound.
Powered by unique cutting-edge ToF Panasonic CCD sensor technology, this system achieves best-in-class 2D resolution while maintaining a high level of depth accuracy. With the rich lineup of color and mono versions planned, our users can choose from multiple options to find the best option for their needs. The combination of 2D and depth image in one shot from one camera makes 3D imaging easy without sacrificing the 2D image potential. This also makes the camera setup and integration process elementary for system manufacturers while reducing total system costs. Over a broad working range of 50 cm – 5 m, Basler’s ToF camera can achieve a high depth accuracy of +/-1 cm. Higher levels of depth accuracy should be possible in closed environments. Simple depth displacement analysis can speed up XY triangulation. Finally, with its integrated NIR light source, our camera is impervious to ambient light and can even see in the dark!
ToF Highlight features at a glance:
- Resolution: 640 px x 480 px (NIR)
- Frame Rate: 20 fps
- Working Range: 0-13.325 m
- Accuracy: +/- 1cm (Scene dependent)
- Interface: Gigabit Ethernet, GigE Vision and GenICam compliant
- Lens: 57°h x 43°v (wider model planned)
- Software: Windows and Linux compatible
- 3D modeling possible
- NIR LED’s used
- Optimised for indoor applications
- Easy to integrate- just one component, no moving parts
- VGA resolution for outstanding 3D imaging
- HDR mode enables the measurement of objects with different reflectivity
- Multichannel makes multiple camera setup possible
- Basler ToF Viewer for ease of use
- External Trigger for multicamera setup and synchronisation with light barriers or others
- Exposure active signal, Time Stamp and PTP: perfect synchronisation of multiple cameras in one system
Where can the ToF camera be used?
- Medical– Patient positioning, patient monitoring and biometrics.
- Logistics Automation– Shelf robot, volume measurement, automated warehouse, pallet stacking, box filling/stacking and autonomous guided vehicle.
- Factory– Bin picking, pick and place, mount objects, detect damaged objects and detect stacking failures.