Often thought of as “IR-cut” filters, Shortpass Filters are specifically designed to pass a broad spectrum of shorter wavelength light, while blocking longer visible (VIS) and near-infrared (NIR) wavelengths.
- Designed to have a sharp transition between shorter wavelengths (which are passed) and longer wavelengths (which are blocked)
- Peak transmission ?90%*
- Can be used with Longpass Filters for a custom, fine-tuned Bandpass Filter
- Anti-reflection coated for maximum transmission
- Exceptional surface quality; 40/20 scratch/dig
- Available in wavelength ranges from 340nm to 785nm
Shortpass Filters are commonly used in colour imaging to achieve natural colour rendering. They can also be used to protect the sensor from NIR laser damage or to reduce IR radiation or “camera bloom” created during hot metal or glass extrusion processes.