Polarized cameras are equipped with special image sensors and measure the polarization properties of light that are imperceptible to the human eye. The degree of polarization and the planes of polarization can be determined from a single image. Global shutter, high resolution, high optical dynamic range and high frame rate allow detailed structural analysis of even moving objects.
Despite the special sensors, the EXO Polarized is a standard industrial camera for use with standard lenses. The integrated 4-channel strobe controller supports complex lighting and analysis setups.
- GenICam 3.0, GigE Vision and USB3 interface
- LUT, ROI, Burst Mode
- Electrical and optical inputs
- Up to 60°C operating temperature
- Integrated 4-channel strobe controller
- Industrial TTL-24V I/O interface with SafeTrigger, logic functions, programmable sequencers and timers, RS232 interface
The polarization filter overcomes interfering reflection of non-metallic surfaces and thus allows machine inspection with higher reliability (reflection reduction). The measurement of the polarization properties of non-metallic surfaces allows statements to be made about the structure and uniformity of surfaces (e.g. inspection of carbon fabric, scratch detection, tire inspection). Mechanical stress analyses of (partially) transparent materials are easy to find.